Thursday, December 21, 2006

Well I had my blinker on

First of all- I am ok. The airbag didn't even deploy. This evening on my way to interviewing Renee Bowser, I got into my first proper car accident but really just a glorified fender bender. Except in this case the fender was my door. Damn. Missed the interview. Sorry Ms. Bowser, I'm afraid we're going to have to reschedule. I was making a left turn and didn't see anyone behind me and wham, I got hit. My drivers side door got bashed in and the side mirror cracked off but all in all not so bad. However, the woman who hit me who by the by had a scratch on the front of her minivan was taken to the hospital. I hope she is ok, but the cops seem to think she was just a bit shaken up.

As for the cops, God bless them. They were out in full force. I'm telling you. There were no less than 4 cars, 1 horse-I'm not kidding here, a horse, a real horse- I guess in case a riot broke out when the folks realized that the Prince of Petworth was involved in a stupid car accident, 1 firetruck and 1 ambulance for essentially a fender bender. Both cars in the accident were able to drive off and no airbags deployed so had bad could it be? Anyhow I genuinely do hope she is ok. Thank God no one was seriously injured. As for Geico damn, they grilled me, but I guess I deserved it. As for the cops- man if we could get a few less cars to respond to minor accidents and a few more to patrol our streets... One officer did regale me with the accident he got into last week- I guess he was trying to make sure I didn't feel too bad.

I did get Mano Negra's greatest hits today so all is not lost. Except for that damn deductible...

3 comments:

Ed Heid said...

I don't understand. You were making a left, this lady was behind you, and she hit your driver side door? Unless you were making a left from the far right lane I don't see how this accident is your fault.

Prince of Petworth said...

Well, I er wasn't completely in the left lane - I am embaressed to admit...

bogfrog said...

Glad you are ok. The driving is definitely getting worse in DC, so I hope everyone will be careful -- last week I met a taxi going the wrong way down a one-way street, T between 18th and NH. I flashed the lights, honked and made some threatening moves, and he tried to play chicken before finally turning into an alley. Sheesh! Not worth calling the police, but everybody please be vigilant out there.