Sunday, December 24, 2006

Here doggy, doggy

I'm walking to the metro like I always do when I spot a very typical sign stapled to a tree. "Lost dog". Ok, nothing wrong with that but this was was a bit special. Now, I love dogs and fish too for the record. But this sign had a picture of the dog that was lost and it was a doberman pinscher posed in the most viscious manner. It had its ears cut and it's tail cut and it looked like pure muscle with its back arched in some sort of attack mode. Now, the point of this post, if I run into a doberman pinscher looking like that on the street with no leash and no owner I'm running the hell away. Sorry. Now to make things worse, and I can't possibly make this stuff up, I saw another lost dog poster that was a tiny Shitzu a few feet away posted on another tree. Now all I can say is that I feel bad for that Shitzu. If that Doberman runs into that Shitzu I think it would merely be an hors devours. Now I really do love dogs and I hope that they both are found. On another bizarre lost animal note - I noticed in the Post last week that a leapord had escaped its cage at the national zoo. So all in all I suppose I'd rather face a doberman than a leapord. Long live Petworth!

On a totally unrelated note - I saw Thievery Corporation at the 9:30 club and I am still left with jaw hanging and feet tired. That was the most badass show I've seen in years.

Merry Christmas to all.

1 comment:

billcrandall said...

The wife and I are currently visiting relatives. My younger sisters-in-law are digging the Thievery Corporation as I write this. Mother-in-law just said 'what is this music, I like it'. I've never known someone who didn't like them. I think that along with go-go and DC hardcore punk (Minor Threat, Fugazi, et al) TC are our fair city's greatest claim to music fame.